Google Lens Reverse Image Search | Google Lens Online | What is Google Lens on Android

What is Google Lens On Android


Google Lens came out in 2017 and it's a way of using the camera on your phone to understand a lot more in your surroundings now. I haven't really heard a lot of people talking much about it but it's something. I use a lot every day and so I thought why not show off exactly.

What Google lens is and how it works and what you can do with it let's check it out. so let's talk about how you access Google lens let's start with IOS over here on an IPhone 10 R there are two ways to do that you can use the Google app and you'll see this lens icon right here in the search bar and that's how you can just turn on google lense alternatively you can also go to the Google Photos app to find the lens icon right here and that's what we have here on the 1 plus 7 Pro and you can tap the Google lens icon over here to get its magic working now there's other ways of accessing Google lense on Android phones.

Basically it's built into the phones because Google assistant is available and you can do this by just accessing Google assistant and when you move up you'll see the Google lens icon right here press it and you'll get access to Google assistant and of course several Android phones already have Google lens baked right into the camera app that's like here on the Google pixel 3a you can access Google lens straight through the camera app. So I just got out of a meeting and I got someone's business card. I don't really want to add all of this information manually into my phone but Google lens can help with that and expedite the process. All I need to do is point the camera with google lens open at the business card and it will scan the card and understand all of the text.

So now all I need to do is tap on various texts and it'll give me things to do like if I tap on this person's Twitter handle I can copy the text or I can search it if. I tap on the email address it'll give me options to email that person directly or add that person out of the contact and if I tap on the address. I can navigate directly there if so desired so basically makes things a lot faster and act more accessible just I'm looking at a business card.

This is actually this is exactly the same thing that's sitting right in front of us so again you can tap on it and you're getting an option to purchase it from a retailer one thing I really like using Google lenses for is to find out what buildings or landmarks I'm looking at and this has really worked well in the past for things that I really didn't expect your glance to figure out like in really old church or something like that but of course it'll also work with the more well-known landmarks like the Empire State Building now. all I need to do is point it at the building and sometimes I might need to tap on the Empire State Building and there you go I tapped on the circle next to it and it says Empire State Building you can share the details you can call the Empire State Building you can get Maps directly to it you can search if you want to just find more about it and there are some pictures over here as well that will show you some of the views from the top of the building as well as reviews of the placing in case you're thinking about visiting as well as.

Sometimes you want to find more information on a photo that you may have taken beforehand well if you're in Google photos the Google lens icon is there that's my dog and Google lens.